Friday, July 18, 2008

Goals

Okay, let's talk specifics. I am found a great plan on runnersworld.com that takes you from walking to running for 30 minutes at a time in 10 weeks. This plan is a bit more accelerated than my previous attempt, but I think I can handle it. It is very much for beginners, and seems to be a good fit for me. The plan starts with 8 days of walking. I have already begun this stage, and only have three days left until I start the next phase... run/walk intervals. On Monday, I will start a run 2 minutes/walk 4 minutes routine for 30 minutes, which is 5 cycles. I will warm up and cool down with five minutes of walking on each end. Those are the immediate goals that I look forward to. I don't anticipate having a very difficult time with these last three walking days, but I'm sure the run/walk intervals will be challenging.

Next Post: Ipod playlist

No comments: