Friday, July 18, 2008

iPod Playlist

My Rocky Workout

1 - Fanfare for Rocky - Bill Conti
2 - Rocky's Reward - Bill Conti
3 - Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
4 - Training Montage - Vince DiCola
5 - It's a Fight - Three 6 Mafia
6 - Redemption (Theme from Rocky II) - Bill Conti
7 - Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky) - Bill Conti
8 - Burning Heart - Survivor
9 - Conquest - Bill Conti
10 - Living in America - James Brown
11 - No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper
12 - War - Vince DiCola
13 - Heart's On Fire - John Cafferty
14 - Going the Distance - Bill Conti

Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets me pumped up for exercise more than the music featured in the Rocky films. My personal favorite, Rocky IV, is heavily featured and highlighted in the mix. I have strategically placed certain songs in this mix to coincide with certain sections of my workout. The first 5 minutes comprise the first two songs, and are my warm-up music. Let me tell you, these two tracks have contain everything I need to get excited about my coming walk/jog/run. Then, when Eye of the Tiger starts... I pick up the pace and start my 'real' workout. This mix is actually much too long for what will become my usual routine. So, within this mix is actually two complete workout playlists. The first starts with track one (the fanfare) and ends with track ten (james brown). The alternate playlist begins with track seven (gonna fly now) and ends with track fourteen (going the distance). I'm not sure I will ever find better workout music than this. Highly recommended!

No comments: